what it's time for is up to you--


Sunday, January 11

AUTHENTICITY







I discovered Dr Brene Brown's work quite accidentally when searching for creative women who might be coaxed into speaking at a conference I was planning.  Although we were unable to secure her as a speaker, I ordered some of her books.  I read  I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power over two days. I stopped and listened.  She was speaking to me: it isn't just me.

Granted, I had always suspected this, but never had anyone tell me, outright that my inner inklings were right. I never had anyone say, it's OK.  Yet, here was a woman who never met me talking right into my ear.  

Authenticity, like meditation is a daily practice.  And they are not dissimilar.  You can find the entire authenticity quote on her website where you can download and tack it up somewhere  Browse around the website and if you're inclined to order her book, please support your every dwindling independent bookstore before they're all gone. . .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment