what it's time for is up to you--


Monday, October 14

YES, BUT IS IT ART?






Instead of drawing in art class, I sat staring at a sketch pinned to a bulletin board across from me.  The person in the sketch was ugly.  The drawing was good, but the person was not homely, unattractive, or not pretty.  The subject was ugly.  

What did the person look like in real life?  Was this a realistic drawing of facial characteristics?  Was this the soon-to-be-ex-wife of the artist and this was how he perceived her?  Was what the artist saw was completely different from how I viewed the paper?  Was the person beautiful through the eyes of the person who was drawing?  What is beauty anyway?  And perception? And art?  What is real?  Isn't everything our perception? Am I just procrastinating from completing my own sketch? 






No comments:

Post a Comment